Post Secondary Opportunities
Board of Directors
Harrison County Lifelong Learning offers affordable computer education classes. Each course allows students to explore various features of the software and are taught by experienced teachers. Upcoming classes include,
Introduction to Microsoft Excel
Mondays, September 10, 17, 24, October 8 & 15, 2018
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
$115 per student includes book
Class registration deadline; August 31
Free Computer Lab
Harrison County Lifelong Learning offers the community a free 24 work-station computer lab. All computers in the lab have Windows 10 and Microsoft Office software in addition to high speed Internet access. The lab is available during business hours when computer classes are not being conducted. The following rules apply to the use of the computer lab:
- No food or drinks allowed.
- Students must save work to a CD or Flash Drive. Documents and pictures saved to public computers will be deleted.
- Students are not allowed to download programs without the permission of Lifelong Learning staff.
- Printing is allowed for educational course-work purposes only. All personal copies are $.10 each.
- Inappropriate and illegal use of the computers will not be tolerated.
With grant funds awarded from the Verizon Foundation, adaptive equipment was purchased to furnish Lifelong Learning's computer lab with an accessible computer workstation for people with disabilities. To accommodate a variety of users with a range of disabilities, the workstation is outfitted with the following equipment and software:
- Large key keyboard, trackball mouse and vertical mouse that requires less fine motor control
- Dragon Naturally Speaking, speech recognition software to turn voice to text
- ZoomText Magnifier, advanced screen magnification for individuals with low vision and a 19" flat screen monitor for crisp images
- Read and Write Gold, talking word prediction software for users with learning or cognitive disabilities
- JAWS Pro, screen reading software for blind individuals
- Talking Typing Teacher, software designed to help blind or visually impaired individuals learn keyboarding skills.